but, this time…I aim to actually stay true to my promise to myself (and you–the reader). HUD gave me an awesome laptop as a gift this Christmas (2015), and I want to put it to good use (and not just social networking). That being said; I hope to begin writing (again) on a regular basis.
I have given myself the task of writing something in this blog, even if it consists of a couple of sentences, at least 3 times a week. So, I should be writing a new entry 12 times a month (simple math has never been a strong point for me….still, I can remember my multiplication table[s] well). Also, I would like to begin writing poetry/fiction/ANYTHING, again.
Following, is the list the personal things I hope to achieve with this new year:
- Begin making my dog’s food at home (thereby saving money and causing their health to be better…”back to nature.”)
- Get the rooms in our home cleaned out (mainly my closet and our two extra bedrooms), so when my love begins remodeling the inside of our home; it will be less work for me to try and decorate.
- STOP PILING EVERYTHING ON THE KITCHEN TABLE!
- Near the beginning of summer when the weather is warmer, I would like to begin cleaning out our basement…I will require HUD’s help in that process.
- I would like to start eating (and cooking) more healthy…as I have gotten older, I’ve noticed a major difference in my digestive health.
- I want (and need) to be more active. This is mainly for health reasons, and a tad about my appearance.
- I should stick to a “bed time” and awaken with HUD (again). I cannot continue to try to stay awake so I can go to bed when HUD does, simply because he stays up late and has to awaken early the next morning. I will go to sleep, even if he is not ready to retire for the evening–getting up in the morning at around the same time.
- I really want to read books more often. I want to read my literature books; become more knowledgeable on the works of Poe, Shakespeare, Frost, Twain, Hemingway…et, al. I want to actually read more this year, fiction books included.
- I will stop basing my every achievement on how many “likes” it will get via ‘Facebook’, and also not log in to ‘FB’ as often (according to one study; people who strayed from ‘FB’ were happier…maybe I can test that theory).
- I would like to show my almost husband more affection, and less direction.
- I would like to stay in touch with people in my life more than by electronically mediated devices. Albeit, I will settle for speaking to many loved ones over the phone far more often (due to logistics, time, money, everyday life…I mean that I will SPEAK to them more often).
- I’d like to stay more in tune with what is going on around the world, and my county. I am not going to become engrossed with current events; albeit, I want to be less ignorant about things happening in my world.
- As I mentioned prior, I will write something in my blog at least 3 times a week..which should inspire me to write more creatively.
There you have it…my goals for 2016.